BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, despite surging COVID-19 infections and deaths in Florida, just signed an executive order prohibiting school districts from mandating masks for students.
The move comes as the CDC calls for all students K-12 to be masked up while indoors, and growing evidence is released that kids are being affected by the Delta Variant.
The Broward County School Board this week approved a mask mandate for all students. It’s unclear if the School Board will fight DeSantis. The Palm Beach County School Board continues to be silent on the issue, apparently yielding to uneducated parents who claim that masks harm development.
As we previously reported, there is growing concern that students who wear masks will be bullied by students who do not.
From our earlier article:
“Teachers are frustrated,” said Susan, a woman we are identifying only as a middle school teacher in South Palm Beach County. “Parents who are against masks are by and large bullies, and their kids are often bullies, too. If masking is optional because of DeSantis, we are going to be spending time trying to protect kids who want to wear masks from kids whose parents told them not to.””
This is the text of the executive order:
What do you think of the Governor’s executive order? Share your thoughts, below. If the form does not appear, access it here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida