BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, despite surging COVID-19 infections and deaths in Florida, just signed an executive order prohibiting school districts from mandating masks for students.
The move comes as the CDC calls for all students K-12 to be masked up while indoors, and growing evidence is released that kids are being affected by the Delta Variant.
The Broward County School Board this week approved a mask mandate for all students. It’s unclear if the School Board will fight DeSantis. The Palm Beach County School Board continues to be silent on the issue, apparently yielding to uneducated parents who claim that masks harm development.
As we previously reported, there is growing concern that students who wear masks will be bullied by students who do not.
From our earlier article:
“Teachers are frustrated,” said Susan, a woman we are identifying only as a middle school teacher in South Palm Beach County. “Parents who are against masks are by and large bullies, and their kids are often bullies, too. If masking is optional because of DeSantis, we are going to be spending time trying to protect kids who want to wear masks from kids whose parents told them not to.””
This is the text of the executive order:
What do you think of the Governor’s executive order? Share your thoughts, below. If the form does not appear, access it here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles