BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, despite surging COVID-19 infections and deaths in Florida, just signed an executive order prohibiting school districts from mandating masks for students.
The move comes as the CDC calls for all students K-12 to be masked up while indoors, and growing evidence is released that kids are being affected by the Delta Variant.
The Broward County School Board this week approved a mask mandate for all students. It’s unclear if the School Board will fight DeSantis. The Palm Beach County School Board continues to be silent on the issue, apparently yielding to uneducated parents who claim that masks harm development.
As we previously reported, there is growing concern that students who wear masks will be bullied by students who do not.
From our earlier article:
“Teachers are frustrated,” said Susan, a woman we are identifying only as a middle school teacher in South Palm Beach County. “Parents who are against masks are by and large bullies, and their kids are often bullies, too. If masking is optional because of DeSantis, we are going to be spending time trying to protect kids who want to wear masks from kids whose parents told them not to.””
This is the text of the executive order:
What do you think of the Governor’s executive order? Share your thoughts, below. If the form does not appear, access it here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton
- Jail Van, Prisoner Bus Crash In North Broward County
- Fire Ravages West Boca Raton Home Overnight
- Cool Weather Is Here! Boca Raton, Delray Beach To Drop Into 50’s
- Boca Chase Chases $2300 By Foreclosing On Homeowner