While Gov. DeSantis Ignores, Floridians Spread Infection, Die.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — You know the situation is bad when the Florida Department of Health’s official report paints a dire picture of the COVID-19 situation in the state. Under the control of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the DOH’s numbers have always been questionable. But the just-released report is bad as published.
Florida officially logged 110,477 NEW COVID-19 cases over the past seven days, with monumental jumps week-to-week. Notably: 11,797 new cases were logged the week of June 18th. This week’s report is almost ten times the June 18th report.
The official positivity rate for Florida is also at crisis levels. It’s 18.1 percent, according to the Florida Department of Health. It was just 3.9 percent in the June 18th report.
Unsurprisingly, Florida is not breaking out weekly death numbers, but the CDC is. It reports a seven day moving death average in Florida of 45, with 75 deaths reported on July 29th — the most recent day with available data.
The official Florida death count is 39,079.
The shot situation in Florida is also bad. Only 61 percent of Floridians eligible for the vaccine have received the vaccine.
Read the complete Florida Department of Health report, below. If the PDF does not appear, you can access it here.covid19_data_latest-jul31
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk