BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 condition in Palm Beach County is so bad that Kinsa has elevated the area to a 96 on a scale from 1-100. That puts Palm Beach County not just into the critical zone, but a level of critical not seen even during the worst of the worst of the pandemic so far.
Kinsa, as we’ve reported for more than a year, is the highly respected private health company that monitors spread of illness through its network of connected thermometers. Millions are in use. They send anonymized data to a central system that tracks current spread versus “normal” spread. Kinsa is highly credited for its accuracy in predicting the initial spread of COVID-19.
HealthWeather, a the public tracking system devised by Kinsa and used by public health officials, now predicts the bad situation is going to get worse in Palm Beach County and much of Florida.
We believe at no time during the entire pandemic has Kinsa reported a number on the cusp of 100 for Palm Beach County.
The elevation comes a day after the CDC reports that Florida recorded its highest one day total of new infections, and a positivity rate in Palm Beach County that’s nearing 19 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach