Nearly 20 Out Of Every 100 People Newly Infected With COVID-19 In Palm Beach County.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just out data from the CDC as of 4:30 p.m. Sunday shows two stunning metrics.
First, the positivity rate for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is now 19.53 percent. We believe it has never been this high at any time during the pandemic. At the risk of stating the obvious, this means nearly 20 out of every 100 tests are now confirming a positive COVID-19 result in Palm Beach County.
Second, the hospitalization rate in Palm Beach County for COVID-19 patients just jumped nearly 30 percent over the past week. There have been 621 COVID-19 hospital admissions, in Palm Beach County, over the past week.
Of all ICU beds available in Palm Beach County, 24.15 percent — nearly a quarter — are being used for COVID-19 patients. That dramatically reduces the number of beds available for accidents, heart attacks and other critical care needs in Palm Beach County.
5,958 new COVID-19 cases were logged in Palm Beach County over the past seven days.
This data comes from the Centers for Disease Control. Under mandates from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the Florida Department of Health has not released real-time data in several months.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days