Nearly 20 Out Of Every 100 People Newly Infected With COVID-19 In Palm Beach County.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just out data from the CDC as of 4:30 p.m. Sunday shows two stunning metrics.
First, the positivity rate for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County is now 19.53 percent. We believe it has never been this high at any time during the pandemic. At the risk of stating the obvious, this means nearly 20 out of every 100 tests are now confirming a positive COVID-19 result in Palm Beach County.
Second, the hospitalization rate in Palm Beach County for COVID-19 patients just jumped nearly 30 percent over the past week. There have been 621 COVID-19 hospital admissions, in Palm Beach County, over the past week.
Of all ICU beds available in Palm Beach County, 24.15 percent — nearly a quarter — are being used for COVID-19 patients. That dramatically reduces the number of beds available for accidents, heart attacks and other critical care needs in Palm Beach County.
5,958 new COVID-19 cases were logged in Palm Beach County over the past seven days.
This data comes from the Centers for Disease Control. Under mandates from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the Florida Department of Health has not released real-time data in several months.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk