CDC Predicts More Than 2000 Deaths In Florida Over Next Month. Will Your Family Member, Friend Die Because They Refuse To Get Vaccinated?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Centers For Disease Control predicts Florida’s cumulative death count will hit 40,867 within the next four weeks.
Florida’s death count is currently 38,695, suggesting an average of slightly more than 500 deaths a week for the next four weeks. If you know someone who is eligible to be vaccinated but it isn’t, this would be the time to tell them to get vaccinated — or to finalize their will.
They could be among the 2,000+ people who will likely die here by late August.
The prediction is part of the “Observed and Forecasted Cumulative COVID-19 Deaths in Florida” chart made available by the CDC.
The death prediction comes as Florida hit hits single one-day largest increase in new COVID-19 cases during the history of the pandemic. That happened on Friday and was reported by the CDC on Saturday. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County is nearly 20 percent — that, too, is an all-time high.
While Florida continues to hit record infections, positivity and deaths, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to prohibit local municipalities from setting and enforcing rules for COVID-19 management at the local level.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW