1828 Admitted On Friday, 44 Children, According To HHS.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida hospitals are packed with COVID-19 patients at a level not previously seen during the pandemic.
The Department of Health and Human Services reports that 10,593 people are currently in a Florida hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 as of Saturday. On Friday, at least 1,828 new COVID-19 patients were admitted to a Florida hospital.
Of those new admissions on Friday, 44 of those patients admitted were children. HHS says 129 children are currently hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19.
The data, which was routinely provided by Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration, has been blocked from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for several months. The federal government is now releasing the data on a daily basis from HHS.
Florida’s problem continues to be unvaccinated adults.
The information is based on roughly 250 hospitals in Florida reporting data, according to HHS.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart