1828 Admitted On Friday, 44 Children, According To HHS.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida hospitals are packed with COVID-19 patients at a level not previously seen during the pandemic.
The Department of Health and Human Services reports that 10,593 people are currently in a Florida hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 as of Saturday. On Friday, at least 1,828 new COVID-19 patients were admitted to a Florida hospital.
Of those new admissions on Friday, 44 of those patients admitted were children. HHS says 129 children are currently hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19.
The data, which was routinely provided by Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration, has been blocked from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for several months. The federal government is now releasing the data on a daily basis from HHS.
Florida’s problem continues to be unvaccinated adults.
The information is based on roughly 250 hospitals in Florida reporting data, according to HHS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida