BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s far, far away but it’s there. A new system off the coast of Africa.
The National Hurricane Center says the system has a 20 percent chance of formation over the next five days. That means there’s nothing to worry about now, but it’s never a bad idea as August starts to keep your eye on what’s happening in the Atlantic.
This is the official Monday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Aug 2 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A surface trough of low pressure over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean
centered a few hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development
of this system is possible during the next couple of days while it
moves northward or northwestward before the system moves over cool
waters by Thursday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots