BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s far, far away but it’s there. A new system off the coast of Africa.
The National Hurricane Center says the system has a 20 percent chance of formation over the next five days. That means there’s nothing to worry about now, but it’s never a bad idea as August starts to keep your eye on what’s happening in the Atlantic.
This is the official Monday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Aug 2 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A surface trough of low pressure over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean
centered a few hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development
of this system is possible during the next couple of days while it
moves northward or northwestward before the system moves over cool
waters by Thursday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot