BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s far, far away but it’s there. A new system off the coast of Africa.
The National Hurricane Center says the system has a 20 percent chance of formation over the next five days. That means there’s nothing to worry about now, but it’s never a bad idea as August starts to keep your eye on what’s happening in the Atlantic.
This is the official Monday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Mon Aug 2 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A surface trough of low pressure over the far eastern Atlantic Ocean
centered a few hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands is
producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development
of this system is possible during the next couple of days while it
moves northward or northwestward before the system moves over cool
waters by Thursday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach