After Setting Record, Florida Reports NO New Cases To CDC For Saturday and Sunday. Is Ron DeSantis Blocking COVID Case Count From Being Released To Federal Government?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just two days after reporting Florida’s worst new case count since COVID-19 began, the CDC is reporting that Florida had no new cases on Saturday or Sunday.
Zero. Zilch. None at all.
The zero reports are not believable. They suggest that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is preventing the Centers for Disease Control from accessing the data it has has providing to the public.
If true, the move mirrors a move Gov. DeSantis made several months ago when he blocked the Florida Department of Health from providing daily data to the public. Without warning, daily reports and real-time hospital reports stopped in the State of Florida as DeSantis all but declared that COVID was over. The daily reports have not resumed from the Florida Department of Health, and the hospital reports not resumed from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
But the CDC has been reporting Florida’s data on a daily basis — until today, when Saturday’s report and Sunday’s report were both published as “zero.” The zero report lowers the seven day rolling average.
By all accounts, however, Florida remains in a dire situation with unprecedented infection counts, positivity rates, and deaths.
It remains unclear if the “zero” reporting is a technical anomaly or an effort to withhold data by Governor DeSantis as the school year starts in just days across the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center