After Setting Record, Florida Reports NO New Cases To CDC For Saturday and Sunday. Is Ron DeSantis Blocking COVID Case Count From Being Released To Federal Government?
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just two days after reporting Florida’s worst new case count since COVID-19 began, the CDC is reporting that Florida had no new cases on Saturday or Sunday.
Zero. Zilch. None at all.
The zero reports are not believable. They suggest that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is preventing the Centers for Disease Control from accessing the data it has has providing to the public.
If true, the move mirrors a move Gov. DeSantis made several months ago when he blocked the Florida Department of Health from providing daily data to the public. Without warning, daily reports and real-time hospital reports stopped in the State of Florida as DeSantis all but declared that COVID was over. The daily reports have not resumed from the Florida Department of Health, and the hospital reports not resumed from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
But the CDC has been reporting Florida’s data on a daily basis — until today, when Saturday’s report and Sunday’s report were both published as “zero.” The zero report lowers the seven day rolling average.
By all accounts, however, Florida remains in a dire situation with unprecedented infection counts, positivity rates, and deaths.
It remains unclear if the “zero” reporting is a technical anomaly or an effort to withhold data by Governor DeSantis as the school year starts in just days across the State of Florida.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired