Statewide, Including Children and Adults, 10,682 Hospital Beds Are Occupied By COVID-19 Patients.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — COVID data released by the Centers for Disease Control shows that parents are right to be concerned about their kids being exposed to COVID-19.
According to the CDC, at least 128 children are hospitalized in Florida with COVID or a suspected COVID-19 infection. Of those 128, 118 are confirmed to have COVID-19.
The data comes just days before the Palm Beach County School District resumes classes. August 10th is the first day of the new school year.
The 128 cases are listed as “pediatric” which Florida defines as anyone under the age of 18. COVID-19 vaccines are only available to children 12 and older.
In Florida, at least 33 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 34 expected to experience a critical staffing shortage over the next week. Of 57,526 hospital beds available in Florida, the CDC reports that 47,541 are currently in use.
Of those beds, 10,682 are currently being used by patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule
- We Asked About Trump And Baker Act, The Responses Are Unreal
- UPDATE: Hookers Were Actually Strippers In Seven Bridges Incident
- FAU Names New Dean of University Libraries
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton