Statewide, Including Children and Adults, 10,682 Hospital Beds Are Occupied By COVID-19 Patients.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — COVID data released by the Centers for Disease Control shows that parents are right to be concerned about their kids being exposed to COVID-19.
According to the CDC, at least 128 children are hospitalized in Florida with COVID or a suspected COVID-19 infection. Of those 128, 118 are confirmed to have COVID-19.
The data comes just days before the Palm Beach County School District resumes classes. August 10th is the first day of the new school year.
The 128 cases are listed as “pediatric” which Florida defines as anyone under the age of 18. COVID-19 vaccines are only available to children 12 and older.
In Florida, at least 33 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 34 expected to experience a critical staffing shortage over the next week. Of 57,526 hospital beds available in Florida, the CDC reports that 47,541 are currently in use.
Of those beds, 10,682 are currently being used by patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach