Statewide, Including Children and Adults, 10,682 Hospital Beds Are Occupied By COVID-19 Patients.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — COVID data released by the Centers for Disease Control shows that parents are right to be concerned about their kids being exposed to COVID-19.
According to the CDC, at least 128 children are hospitalized in Florida with COVID or a suspected COVID-19 infection. Of those 128, 118 are confirmed to have COVID-19.
The data comes just days before the Palm Beach County School District resumes classes. August 10th is the first day of the new school year.
The 128 cases are listed as “pediatric” which Florida defines as anyone under the age of 18. COVID-19 vaccines are only available to children 12 and older.
In Florida, at least 33 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 34 expected to experience a critical staffing shortage over the next week. Of 57,526 hospital beds available in Florida, the CDC reports that 47,541 are currently in use.
Of those beds, 10,682 are currently being used by patients with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees