FLORIDA’S COVID-19 DEATH COUNT NEARS 40,000.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — As Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to rally against mask mandates, the COVID situation in Florida continues to be bleak.
The state reported another 16,935 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday with 140 COVID-19 deaths. The data was just released Wednesday afternoon by the CDC.
That brings the 7-day moving average to 17,756 COVID-19 cases in Florida. Over the past five days, Florida recorded 16,935 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, 17,001 on Monday, 16,998 on Sunday, 16,988 on Saturday, and a record setting 21,683 new COVID-19 cases on Friday.
The positivity rate in Florida remains over 19 percent. In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate is now 19.74 percent.
Florida’s death count is now 39,319, according to the CDC.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center