BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The tropical wave represented by the yellow X above is set to dissipate over the next few days, according to Meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center.
But a new tropical wave, not yet represented on the map, is expected to form, with a 20 percent chance of development from the start. It will not present a threat to South Florida, if it ever does, for quite some time.
This is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center:
A small and weak area of low pressure, with limited shower and
thunderstorm activity, is passing near the Cabo Verde Islands.
Significant development of this system is not expected during the
next day or so due to unfavorable upper-level winds and marginally
warm waters. Afterwards, this system is forecast to move northward
or north-northwestward over cooler waters, ending its development
chances. Locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds are possible over
portions of the Cabo Verde Islands through today.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa by
late Thursday. Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive
for some slow development over the far eastern Atlantic through the
weekend into early next week while this system moves generally
westward at about 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW