Second Highest Count Of New COVID-19 Cases In Florida Comes Just Days After Largest Number Of Cases Recorded, Ever.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s worsening COVID-19 situation took another bleak turn Thursday afternoon as the CDC released near-record positive results from tests logged on Wednesday.
According to the CDC, 20,133 NEW COVID-19 cases were recorded on Wednesday. That brings Florida’s seven day moving average to an unprecedented 18,120, and secures Wednesday as the second worst day for the pandemic in Florida, so far.
The worst day was July 30th, when 21,683 cases were logged.
The death count on Wednesday rose by 84, following Tuesday’s addition of 140 deaths. That brings the seven day total in Florida to 475 deaths from COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, the seven day moving positivity rate is 19.79 percent. At least 836 people have been admitted to hospitals, in Palm Beach County, for COVID-19 over the past seven days.
At least 30 percent of ICU beds in use in Palm Beach County are being used by COVID-19 patients, according to the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days