2,065 Adults Admitted For COVID On Wednesday, 47 Children.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to deny that hospitals are filling up, the raw data released by the Department of Health and Human Services reveals that DeSantis may have a counting issue.
Of 59,423 hospital beds available in the State of Florida, 50,002 are in use as of 10 a.m. Thursday. Of the 261 hospitals reporting data, only 9,421 beds are available.
Statewide, 12,888 beds are currently being used COVID-19 patients, with 2,065 COVID patents admitted on Wednesday.
Also admitted Wednesday: 47 children with confirmed COVID-19. 26 additional children were admitted with “suspected” COVID.
The ICU data is also bleak. Of 5,944 people in Florida ICU units, 2,568 are there for confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
Statewide, 39 hospitals have a “critical” staffing shortage.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Tries To Kill Self On Florida Turnpike, Flips Car, Runs In Front Of Truck
- Major Crash Closes I-595 Access To Fort Lauderdale Airport, Tanker Overturns
- Man Left Gun Unattended That Two Year Old Used To Shoot Self, According To Cops
- PLANE CRASH: Victims Identified In Palm Beach County Crash As Young Woman, Older Man
- Dog In Boca Raton Movie Theater And Publix, Why Is This Allowed?
- Florida Tax Free Holiday Underway For Disaster Goods
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Resident, Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely