2,065 Adults Admitted For COVID On Wednesday, 47 Children.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to deny that hospitals are filling up, the raw data released by the Department of Health and Human Services reveals that DeSantis may have a counting issue.
Of 59,423 hospital beds available in the State of Florida, 50,002 are in use as of 10 a.m. Thursday. Of the 261 hospitals reporting data, only 9,421 beds are available.
Statewide, 12,888 beds are currently being used COVID-19 patients, with 2,065 COVID patents admitted on Wednesday.
Also admitted Wednesday: 47 children with confirmed COVID-19. 26 additional children were admitted with “suspected” COVID.
The ICU data is also bleak. Of 5,944 people in Florida ICU units, 2,568 are there for confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
Statewide, 39 hospitals have a “critical” staffing shortage.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center