BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two tropical waves, one of which starts life with a 50 percent chance of developing into a tropical system.
We are approaching peak hurricane season, and the tropics are starting to flare.
This is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center for Thursday, August 5th, 2021:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
A tropical wave just inland over Africa is producing a large area of
showers and thunderstorms over the Guinea Highlands. This wave is
expected to move off the west African coast later today.
Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive for gradual
development, and a tropical depression could form over the eastern
tropical Atlantic by early next week while the system moves westward
to west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic is
producing a broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for
some slow development east of the Lesser Antilles by early next week
while the disturbance moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center