BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two tropical waves, one of which starts life with a 50 percent chance of developing into a tropical system.
We are approaching peak hurricane season, and the tropics are starting to flare.
This is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center for Thursday, August 5th, 2021:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
A tropical wave just inland over Africa is producing a large area of
showers and thunderstorms over the Guinea Highlands. This wave is
expected to move off the west African coast later today.
Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive for gradual
development, and a tropical depression could form over the eastern
tropical Atlantic by early next week while the system moves westward
to west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic is
producing a broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for
some slow development east of the Lesser Antilles by early next week
while the disturbance moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles