BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching two systems, one with a 60 percent chance of formation over the next five days.
From the National Hurricane Center Friday afternoon, August 6, 2021:
- A large area of disorganized cloudiness and showers located a few
hundred miles south of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated with
a tropical wave and an associated broad area of low pressure.
Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive for gradual
development over the next several days, and a tropical depression
could form late this weekend or early next week while the system
moves generally west-northwestward across the tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent.
- A tropical wave located over the west-central tropical Atlantic
is producing limited shower activity. Development, if any, of this
system is expected to be slow to occur as it moves west-
northwestward and approaches the Lesser Antilles early next week.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center