Skyrocketing Case Count In Florida … School Starts In Days … DeSantis Denial…
Palm Beach County Positivity Tops 20 Percent
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The just-out report from the Centers for Disease Control shows that 22,783 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Thursday. That is the highest one-day new case count during the entire pandemic.
The previous record was set just days ago, on July 30th, when 21,683 cases were logged.
Florida also logged 199 COVID-19 deaths on Thursday. That is a recent high.
Today’s announcement of Thursday’s cases brings the seven day moving average to 18,933. It also brings the seven day moving death average to 90.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says the testing positivity rate is now 20.3 percent.
The surging case and death counts are adding to the angst felt by parents and teachers as school in Palm Beach County starts in just days. Teachers are already back in the classroom. Students report on Tuesday.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is doubling down on his mandatory mask ban in Florida schools, issuing a new order on Friday that says parents may move their kids to another school district if they feel their personal mask and health choices are leading to harassment where their kids currently attend school.
The order, while revealed by the Governor’s office, was executed by the Florida Dept. of Health with the Florida Department of Education.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…