Peak Hurricane Season Approaches With Two Systems. One May Become Tropical Depression This Weekend.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A tropical depression may form this weekend in the Atlantic. It is one of two systems that, while early, appear to be tracking in the general direction of Florida.
The “red X” above has a 70 percent chance of formation, according to meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center. The system marked by a “yellow” X has a 20 percent chance.
This is the early morning update from the NHC:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms located a few
hundred miles south-southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands is
associated with a tropical wave interacting with a broader surface
trough. Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive for
gradual development, and a tropical depression is likely to form
this weekend or early next week while the system moves generally
west-northwestward across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
- A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic continues
to produce some disorganized showers and thunderstorms. This system
is expected to move west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, and some
slow development is possible early next week when it is expected to
be near the Lesser Antilles.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW