Pediatric Numbers Rising, Children Need COVID Hospital Help.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 hospital situation in Florida continues to be dismal.
The Centers for Disease Control just revealed that 2,095 COVID positive adults were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Thursday, August 5th, 2021. That brings the total number of adults in Florida, hospitalized with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19, to 13,253.
The pediatric situation in Florida is also worsening. There are now 174 children hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined as age 18 or younger.
Combing children and adults, there are currently 13,427 inpatients beds, in Florida, being used for COVID-19 care.
Of 58,905 hospital beds in Florida, 49,599 are now in use for COVID and non-COVID patients. That means 84.2 percent of all hospital beds in Florida are currently in use.
Several hospitals are again facing critical staffing shortages. The CDC reports that 33 hospitals in Florida currently have a critical staffing shortage, and the shortage is expected to continue over the next seven days.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Child Nearly Drowns At Lotus Swimming Pool In West Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Real Estate Still Troubled, Sales And Listings All Over The Place
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Kings Point Delray Beach Resident Arrested, Now 17 In ‘23
- Luke Bryan To Support Palm Beach County Schools
- Major Crash Closes Alligator Alley, At Least One Dead
- Boca Raton Man Sued By Amex, Owes $936,000 On Centurion Card
- Shooting In West Delray Beach Leaves One Man Critically Injured
- TROPICAL STORM WATCH: Philippe Approaches Land, National Hurricane Center Warning
- BOCA RATON FLOODING: Major Road Closed Due To High Waters Late Sunday Afternoon