Pediatric Numbers Rising, Children Need COVID Hospital Help.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 hospital situation in Florida continues to be dismal.
The Centers for Disease Control just revealed that 2,095 COVID positive adults were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Thursday, August 5th, 2021. That brings the total number of adults in Florida, hospitalized with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19, to 13,253.
The pediatric situation in Florida is also worsening. There are now 174 children hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined as age 18 or younger.
Combing children and adults, there are currently 13,427 inpatients beds, in Florida, being used for COVID-19 care.
Of 58,905 hospital beds in Florida, 49,599 are now in use for COVID and non-COVID patients. That means 84.2 percent of all hospital beds in Florida are currently in use.
Several hospitals are again facing critical staffing shortages. The CDC reports that 33 hospitals in Florida currently have a critical staffing shortage, and the shortage is expected to continue over the next seven days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots