Pediatric Numbers Rising, Children Need COVID Hospital Help.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 hospital situation in Florida continues to be dismal.
The Centers for Disease Control just revealed that 2,095 COVID positive adults were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Thursday, August 5th, 2021. That brings the total number of adults in Florida, hospitalized with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19, to 13,253.
The pediatric situation in Florida is also worsening. There are now 174 children hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 or “suspected” COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined as age 18 or younger.
Combing children and adults, there are currently 13,427 inpatients beds, in Florida, being used for COVID-19 care.
Of 58,905 hospital beds in Florida, 49,599 are now in use for COVID and non-COVID patients. That means 84.2 percent of all hospital beds in Florida are currently in use.
Several hospitals are again facing critical staffing shortages. The CDC reports that 33 hospitals in Florida currently have a critical staffing shortage, and the shortage is expected to continue over the next seven days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW