BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is now watching three tropical waves east of Florida as the peak of the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season nears.
One of the three waves has what meteorologists are calling a “50 percent chance of formation over the next five days.”
This is the 8 p.m. Friday night update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Fri Aug 6 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A broad area of low pressure located a few hundred miles south of
the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a large area of disorganized
cloudiness and showers. Environmental conditions are expected to be
somewhat conducive for development, and a tropical depression could
form by the early to middle part of next week while the system moves
west-northwestward to westward across the eastern and central
tropical Atlantic at 10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
- A small but well-defined area of low pressure located over the
eastern tropical Atlantic about a thousand miles west of the Cabo
Verde Islands is producing limited shower activity. Development of
this system, if any, is expected to be slow to occur while it
drifts toward the west-southwest or west over the central tropical
Atlantic through the middle of next week and potentially interacts
with the broader area of low pressure to its east.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
- A tropical wave located over the west-central tropical Atlantic
is producing limited shower activity. Significant development of
this system is not expected as it moves west-northwestward across
the Lesser Antilles and eastern Caribbean Sea during the early to
middle part of next week.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center