BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is now watching three tropical waves east of Florida as the peak of the 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season nears.
One of the three waves has what meteorologists are calling a “50 percent chance of formation over the next five days.”
This is the 8 p.m. Friday night update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Fri Aug 6 2021
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
- A broad area of low pressure located a few hundred miles south of
the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a large area of disorganized
cloudiness and showers. Environmental conditions are expected to be
somewhat conducive for development, and a tropical depression could
form by the early to middle part of next week while the system moves
west-northwestward to westward across the eastern and central
tropical Atlantic at 10 to 15 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
- A small but well-defined area of low pressure located over the
eastern tropical Atlantic about a thousand miles west of the Cabo
Verde Islands is producing limited shower activity. Development of
this system, if any, is expected to be slow to occur while it
drifts toward the west-southwest or west over the central tropical
Atlantic through the middle of next week and potentially interacts
with the broader area of low pressure to its east.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
- A tropical wave located over the west-central tropical Atlantic
is producing limited shower activity. Significant development of
this system is not expected as it moves west-northwestward across
the Lesser Antilles and eastern Caribbean Sea during the early to
middle part of next week.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida