The Unvaxxed In Palm Beach County Are Causing Problems For Everyone Else.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If schools shut down, if businesses close, if friends or family members get sick or die, you can thank roughly half of Palm Beach County.
Data released by the CDC shows that only 58 percent of Palm Beach County’s population eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine is fully vaccinated.
Specifically, just 58 percent of residents twelve years old or older in Palm Beach County are what the CDC calls “fully vaccinated.” That’s two shots of Pfizer or Moderna, or one shot of Johnson and Johnson.
The news is slightly better for those who started the vaccination process. The CDC says 67.6 percent of Palm Beach County residents age 12 or older have received “at least one dose.”
For Palm Beach County residents 18 or older, the numbers are a bit higher. 60.4 percent of Palm Beach County residents 18 and up are fully vaccinated. 69.8 percent have received at least one dose.
Residents 65 and older lead the county for vaccinations. 79.4 percent of those 65 and up are fully vaccinated. 89.1 percent have received at least one dose.
In total, 760,706 Palm Beach County residents are fully vaccinated. 887,004 have received at least one dose.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW