HHS: 187 Children Hospitalized In Florida For COVID-19
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
There are now 187 hospitalized pediatric patients in Florida with confirmed COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined in Florida as 18 or under.
Also in Florida, 2,158 adults were admitted to hospitals on Friday with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, while 303 were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19. The total of new confirmed and suspected COVID-19 adult cases requiring hospitalization in Florida on Friday is 2,461.
In total: 13,747 hospital beds in Florida are currently occupied with patients receiving COVID-19 treatment. 2,750 of those COVID-19 patients are receiving treatment in an ICU.
For all conditions, 48,560 hospital beds in Florida being used out of a total of 57,843.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stopped Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from releasing daily numbers earlier this year. This data is provided by the Department of Health and Human Services which receives daily updates directly from 259 hospitals in the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days