HHS: 187 Children Hospitalized In Florida For COVID-19
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
There are now 187 hospitalized pediatric patients in Florida with confirmed COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined in Florida as 18 or under.
Also in Florida, 2,158 adults were admitted to hospitals on Friday with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, while 303 were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19. The total of new confirmed and suspected COVID-19 adult cases requiring hospitalization in Florida on Friday is 2,461.
In total: 13,747 hospital beds in Florida are currently occupied with patients receiving COVID-19 treatment. 2,750 of those COVID-19 patients are receiving treatment in an ICU.
For all conditions, 48,560 hospital beds in Florida being used out of a total of 57,843.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stopped Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from releasing daily numbers earlier this year. This data is provided by the Department of Health and Human Services which receives daily updates directly from 259 hospitals in the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center