HHS: 187 Children Hospitalized In Florida For COVID-19
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
There are now 187 hospitalized pediatric patients in Florida with confirmed COVID-19. Pediatric is generally defined in Florida as 18 or under.
Also in Florida, 2,158 adults were admitted to hospitals on Friday with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, while 303 were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19. The total of new confirmed and suspected COVID-19 adult cases requiring hospitalization in Florida on Friday is 2,461.
In total: 13,747 hospital beds in Florida are currently occupied with patients receiving COVID-19 treatment. 2,750 of those COVID-19 patients are receiving treatment in an ICU.
For all conditions, 48,560 hospital beds in Florida being used out of a total of 57,843.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stopped Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from releasing daily numbers earlier this year. This data is provided by the Department of Health and Human Services which receives daily updates directly from 259 hospitals in the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning