Florida COVID Situation Deteriorating. Palm Beach County Schools Mandate Masks. From Bad To Worse…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida is going from bad to worse when it comes to COVID-19 cases.
The CDC just revealed that 23,903 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Friday. That is, yet again, the single largest number of positive COVID-19 cases recorded in Florida during the entire pandemic.
The previous record was set on Thursday with 22,783. The record before that was set on July 30th, with 21,683 new COVID-19 cases.
The seven day rolling average for Florida is now an astonishing 19,250. More than 18 months after pandemic era records began, Florida is continuously setting unprecedented numbers of new COVID-19 cases.
The death count is equally troubling. In Florida, 93 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Friday, following 199 on Thursday, 84 on Wednesday and 140 on Tuesday. That brings the seven day rolling average to 88.
In total, 39,695 people have died, in Florida, from COVID-19. 2,725,450 people in Florida have been — or are — infected with COVID-19.
The seven day rolling positivity rate for Florida is now 20.21.
As we just reported, The Palm Beach County School District is now mandating masks when school starts on Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DELRAY BEACH DOUBLE HOMICIDE: Two Dead In Overnight Shooting
- Fewer Florida Flight Issues Tuesday Morning, But Delays Continue
- DUI Arrests In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach From July 4th
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI