Pediatric Numbers Rising, Adults Sick…38 Florida Hospitals With Critical Staffing Shortages…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The pediatric problem in Florida continues with another 57 children being admitted to hospitals on Saturday with confirmed COVID-19.
The Department of Health and Human Services reports 27 children were admitted with “suspected” COVID on Saturday, bringing the total of new pediatric COVID-19 admission in Florida to 84. There are now at least 250 pediatric patients hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida.
Pediatric is generally defined in Florida as age 18 or under.
HHS reports that 2,122 adults in Florida were admitted to a hospital with confirmed COVID-19, and 286 adults admitted with “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of adults hospitalized in Florida with “confirmed and suspected COVID-19” is 13,603.
Combining all COVID and non-COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida, 47,813 hospital beds in Florida are now in use out of a total of 57,446.
38 hospitals in Florida are experiencing a critical staffing shortage.
Released by Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration during much of the pandemic, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis several months ago blocked Florida agencies from releasing realt-time hospital data and COVID infection data. The data is now released by the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services. HHS receives its data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals that report information daily.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida