Pediatric Numbers Rising, Adults Sick…38 Florida Hospitals With Critical Staffing Shortages…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The pediatric problem in Florida continues with another 57 children being admitted to hospitals on Saturday with confirmed COVID-19.
The Department of Health and Human Services reports 27 children were admitted with “suspected” COVID on Saturday, bringing the total of new pediatric COVID-19 admission in Florida to 84. There are now at least 250 pediatric patients hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida.
Pediatric is generally defined in Florida as age 18 or under.
HHS reports that 2,122 adults in Florida were admitted to a hospital with confirmed COVID-19, and 286 adults admitted with “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of adults hospitalized in Florida with “confirmed and suspected COVID-19” is 13,603.
Combining all COVID and non-COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida, 47,813 hospital beds in Florida are now in use out of a total of 57,446.
38 hospitals in Florida are experiencing a critical staffing shortage.
Released by Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration during much of the pandemic, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis several months ago blocked Florida agencies from releasing realt-time hospital data and COVID infection data. The data is now released by the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services. HHS receives its data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals that report information daily.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot