BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center now says two tropical disturbances are likely to become tropical depressions within the next few days. What happens after that remains unclear, but both systems continue to trek in a general direction of Florida.
This is the Sunday afternoon update from the National Hurricane Center:
- An elongated area of low pressure located several hundred miles
east of the Windward Islands continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected
to be favorable to support some gradual development over the next
few days, and this system could become a tropical depression while
it moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph. The disturbance is
forecast to reach portions of the Lesser Antilles late Monday, and
then move near the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on Tuesday, and
near Hispaniola around the middle of this week. Interests in those
areas should monitor the progress of this system, as it could bring
locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds to portions of that area.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
- Showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure
located over the tropical Atlantic about midway between the Cabo
Verde Islands and the Lesser Antilles have diminished this morning.
Although environmental conditions appear to be only marginally
conducive for development, this system could still become a
tropical depression later this week while it moves toward the
west-southwest or west at around 10 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots