Now 201 Pediatric COVID-19 Cases In Florida Requiring Hospitalization. 13,776 Adults.
School Starts In Days…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of children 18 or under in Florida needing hospitalization for COVID-19 continues to rise.
The Department of Health and Human Services at 9 a.m. today revealed that 85 children were admitted to hospitals for COVID-19 related issues in Florida on Sunday. Specifically, 49 children were admitted with “confirmed” COVID-19, while 26 were admitted with “suspected” COVID-19.
Also in Florida, a total of 2,015 adult patients were admitted with “confirmed”COVID-19 on Sunday, 276 were admitted with “suspected” COVID-19.
HHS reports that 2,835 patients, in Florida, are currently ICU beds with “confirmed” and “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of Florida patients in a hospital receiving COVID-19 care is now 13,776. The total number of pediatric patients in a Florida hospital receiving COVID-19 care is 201.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to block Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from reporting real-time hospital occupancy rates — a data point released continuously by the State of Florida until early summer. This data now comes from HHS which receives data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals.
Pediatric, in Florida, is generally defined as under age 18.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach