Now 201 Pediatric COVID-19 Cases In Florida Requiring Hospitalization. 13,776 Adults.
School Starts In Days…
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of children 18 or under in Florida needing hospitalization for COVID-19 continues to rise.
The Department of Health and Human Services at 9 a.m. today revealed that 85 children were admitted to hospitals for COVID-19 related issues in Florida on Sunday. Specifically, 49 children were admitted with “confirmed” COVID-19, while 26 were admitted with “suspected” COVID-19.
Also in Florida, a total of 2,015 adult patients were admitted with “confirmed”COVID-19 on Sunday, 276 were admitted with “suspected” COVID-19.
HHS reports that 2,835 patients, in Florida, are currently ICU beds with “confirmed” and “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of Florida patients in a hospital receiving COVID-19 care is now 13,776. The total number of pediatric patients in a Florida hospital receiving COVID-19 care is 201.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to block Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from reporting real-time hospital occupancy rates — a data point released continuously by the State of Florida until early summer. This data now comes from HHS which receives data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals.
Pediatric, in Florida, is generally defined as under age 18.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW