At Broward County’s Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, HHS Says 64 Children Admitted Over Past Week. 50 At Miami’s Jackson Memorial.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Department of Health and Human Services just released its twice a week report on hospital utilization. We are running the numbers but caution our readers on two issues:
First, the pediatric numbers are suspect. While West Boca Medical Center is reporting what appears to be a real number, all of the other hospitals are reporting what seems to be a placeholder. We are not reporting those “placeholder” numbers until we receive confirmation that the numbers are real.
Second, we note that Bethesda West is not on HHS’s list. Bethesda West, while not the size of Delray Medical Center, is still a sizable hospital in the area. It’s unclear why their numbers are not included.
Here are the seven day totals that we are reporting, based on data from the Department of Health and Human Services on August 9th, 2021, covering the past seven days.
West Boca Medical Center: 222 adults admitted over the past week for COVID-19 care. 13 pediatric patients. We note that West Boca Medical promotes a pediatric emergency room.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 509 patients admitted over the past seven days for COVID-19 care.
Delray Medical Center: 266 adult patients admitted over the past seven days for COVID-19 care.
Bethesda Hospital East: 589 adult patients admitted over the past seven days for COVID-19.
Bethesda Hospital West: not reporting.
And we mention Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood, FL (Broward County). This is considered the preeminent children’s hospital in the region. At Joe DiMaggio, 64 children have been admitted for COVID-19 care over the past week.
In Miami, HHS reports 50 pediatric COVID-19 admissions at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA