HHS Reports 117 Pediatric Patients Admitted On Monday In Florida
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Those who believe COVID is fake may want to take a look at the latest Florida numbers from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Aggregating data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals, HHS says 69 pediatric admissions were logged on Monday for “confirmed” COVID-19. 48 pediatric admissions were logged for “suspected” COVID-19, bringing the one day new admission total to 117. In total, HHS reports 207 pediatric patients are currently hospitalized in Florida for confirmed and suspected COVID-19.
Pediatric is defined, in Florida, as anyone under the age of 18.
The adult situation also continues to worsen. In Florida, 2014 adults were admitted with confirmed COVID-19 on Monday, with 270 adults admitted for “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of adult patients hospitalized for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 in Florida is now 14,962.
The Department of Health and Human Services is the go-to agency for Florida’s hospital statistics. Governor Ron DeSantis prohibited Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from continuing its practice of releasing these numbers — on a per hospital basis every day — several months ago.
HHS also reports that 39 Florida hospitals currently have a critical staffing shortage.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning