HHS Reports 117 Pediatric Patients Admitted On Monday In Florida
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Those who believe COVID is fake may want to take a look at the latest Florida numbers from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Aggregating data from roughly 260 Florida hospitals, HHS says 69 pediatric admissions were logged on Monday for “confirmed” COVID-19. 48 pediatric admissions were logged for “suspected” COVID-19, bringing the one day new admission total to 117. In total, HHS reports 207 pediatric patients are currently hospitalized in Florida for confirmed and suspected COVID-19.
Pediatric is defined, in Florida, as anyone under the age of 18.
The adult situation also continues to worsen. In Florida, 2014 adults were admitted with confirmed COVID-19 on Monday, with 270 adults admitted for “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of adult patients hospitalized for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 in Florida is now 14,962.
The Department of Health and Human Services is the go-to agency for Florida’s hospital statistics. Governor Ron DeSantis prohibited Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from continuing its practice of releasing these numbers — on a per hospital basis every day — several months ago.
HHS also reports that 39 Florida hospitals currently have a critical staffing shortage.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days