BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just passed the 40,000 COVID victim death mark. The CDC says 40,167 people have died from COVID-19 in the state.
The revelation comes as Florida logged another 15,322 new COVID-19 cases on Monday. The adjusted weekend counts now show 21,487 new cases on Saturday and 19,584 on Sunday. The seven day moving average for new COVID-19 cases in Florida is a record 20,058.
Florida’s testing positivity rate is just shy of 20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says the testing positivity rate is now 21.1 percent as 7,799 new cases were logged over the past seven days. At least 22.41 percent of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County are being used for COVID-19 patients — that’s up 6.09 percent over seven days. The CDC and HHS say 36.92 percent of all ICU beds are currently being used for COVID-19 patents — that’s an increase of 9.38 percent.
The public is relying on daily data from the federal government. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, in his continued effort to downplay the seriousness of COVID-19, blocked state agencies from reporting daily statistics to the public. Hospitals report daily to the the department of Health and Human Services.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach