BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just passed the 40,000 COVID victim death mark. The CDC says 40,167 people have died from COVID-19 in the state.
The revelation comes as Florida logged another 15,322 new COVID-19 cases on Monday. The adjusted weekend counts now show 21,487 new cases on Saturday and 19,584 on Sunday. The seven day moving average for new COVID-19 cases in Florida is a record 20,058.
Florida’s testing positivity rate is just shy of 20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says the testing positivity rate is now 21.1 percent as 7,799 new cases were logged over the past seven days. At least 22.41 percent of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County are being used for COVID-19 patients — that’s up 6.09 percent over seven days. The CDC and HHS say 36.92 percent of all ICU beds are currently being used for COVID-19 patents — that’s an increase of 9.38 percent.
The public is relying on daily data from the federal government. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, in his continued effort to downplay the seriousness of COVID-19, blocked state agencies from reporting daily statistics to the public. Hospitals report daily to the the department of Health and Human Services.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots