BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just passed the 40,000 COVID victim death mark. The CDC says 40,167 people have died from COVID-19 in the state.
The revelation comes as Florida logged another 15,322 new COVID-19 cases on Monday. The adjusted weekend counts now show 21,487 new cases on Saturday and 19,584 on Sunday. The seven day moving average for new COVID-19 cases in Florida is a record 20,058.
Florida’s testing positivity rate is just shy of 20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says the testing positivity rate is now 21.1 percent as 7,799 new cases were logged over the past seven days. At least 22.41 percent of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County are being used for COVID-19 patients — that’s up 6.09 percent over seven days. The CDC and HHS say 36.92 percent of all ICU beds are currently being used for COVID-19 patents — that’s an increase of 9.38 percent.
The public is relying on daily data from the federal government. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, in his continued effort to downplay the seriousness of COVID-19, blocked state agencies from reporting daily statistics to the public. Hospitals report daily to the the department of Health and Human Services.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control