BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association is debunking claims by COVID deniers who are spreading misinformation that Florida’s hospitals are empty and serene. Ventilator use, according to the FHA, is high — and holding steady.
The FHA Says that 14 percent of patients currently hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida are on ventilators. The association says 14,787 people were hospitalized at the time of the report, which suggests that 2070 people are using ventilators. The FHA says the ventilator count is holding steady from a week before.
Hospitals are packed, according to the association, and employees are overworked as facilities are understaffed.
“As our hospitals provide complex care to ever increasing numbers of COVID patients and with unusually high numbers of very ill non-COVID patients, our front line health care heroes are finding themselves stretched thin and physical and mental exhaustion is taking its toll. This new delta variant is extremely infectious and leading to 25 and 35 year olds hospitalized for COVID,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association.
Mayhew said it’s imperative for those eligible to get vaccinated.
“Getting vaccinated can save your life. Don’t risk it. Get the vaccine.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center