BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association is debunking claims by COVID deniers who are spreading misinformation that Florida’s hospitals are empty and serene. Ventilator use, according to the FHA, is high — and holding steady.
The FHA Says that 14 percent of patients currently hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida are on ventilators. The association says 14,787 people were hospitalized at the time of the report, which suggests that 2070 people are using ventilators. The FHA says the ventilator count is holding steady from a week before.
Hospitals are packed, according to the association, and employees are overworked as facilities are understaffed.
“As our hospitals provide complex care to ever increasing numbers of COVID patients and with unusually high numbers of very ill non-COVID patients, our front line health care heroes are finding themselves stretched thin and physical and mental exhaustion is taking its toll. This new delta variant is extremely infectious and leading to 25 and 35 year olds hospitalized for COVID,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association.
Mayhew said it’s imperative for those eligible to get vaccinated.
“Getting vaccinated can save your life. Don’t risk it. Get the vaccine.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector
- JESUS JAILED BY BOCA RATON POLICE DAYS BEFORE HOLY HOLIDAY
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON