Trends Show Disaster In The Making. Graph Reveals Current Hospitalizations Versus 2020.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association reported late Wednesday that nearly half of all adult ICU patients are being treated for COVID-19.
The actual number is 47.6 percent, according to the FHA, and it is exceptionally high. We are unaware of any other time during the pandemic that nearly half of all patients in a Florida ICU were suffering from COVID-19.
Other statistics released by the FHA which represents hospitals statewide: 15,071 adults are hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19, with 2,294 admitted on Tuesday. That is slightly higher than the number we reported earlier Tuesday which was provided by HHS.
Of all patients hospitalized in Florida for any reason at all, the FHA says 32.4 percent are suffering from COVID-19.
The graph above shows the difference between this time last year (in blue) and current time (in red).
The FHA data suggests Florida is in a dire situation that continues to spiral out of control.
The Florida Hospital Association represents more than 200 hospitals across the state of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW