More Than 15,000 Adults In Florida Hospitalized For COVID-19 Treatment.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The latest data from the Department of Health and Human Services shows that 97 children under age 18 were admitted to Florida hospitals on Tuesday for COVID-19 treatment.
Of those 97, 62 had “confirmed” COVID-19, while 35 had “suspected” COVID-19. That brings the current pediatric population of Florida hospitals to 194.
Also in Florida, HHS reports that 2,232 adults in Florida were admitted to a hospital for “confirmed” COVID-19 on Tuesday, while 304 adults were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19. The adult population of Florida hospitals now receiving COVID-19 treatment is 15,255.
At least 41 hospitals in Florida are reporting a critical staffing shortage. At least 42 expect a critical staffing shortage within a week.
Out of 56,172 “inpatient beds” in Florida, 48,414 are currently in use.
HHS receives this data from roughly 240 hospitals reporting. The State of Florida ceased reporting its own daily data in early summer.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low