Florida Is In Trouble. And It’s Getting Worse.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of COVID-19 cases logged in Florida increased by a record 24,753 on Tuesday. The death count rose by 4.
The latest numbers from the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC come after the federal agencies amended almost all numbers recorded in Florida since the beginning of the pandemic. As we reported this morning, the totality of the numbers doesn’t appear to have changed, just how many cases are being allotted to each day.
The death count, which crossed the 40,000 mark earlier this week, did not decrease with the updated data.
The positivity rate in Florida is now 19.79 over seven days.
The rolling seven day average of new cases is elevated to 21,156. The rolling seven day death count is now 30 in Florida.
As we reported early, at least 2000 COVID-19 patients in Florida are so sick that they are on ventilators, and nearly half of all ICU patients in Florida are suffering from COVID-19.
The amended numbers from HHS led media and others to call on Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to again permit Florida agencies to release data in near realtime. This was standard practice during most of the pandemic, but was stopped by the Governor when numbers started to decline in early summer.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.
- Former Seven Bridges Delray Beach Bartender Arrested Twice In One Week
- DELAYS: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Several Detours Set For Delray, Boyton, Boca Raton
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop