BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — There is another system developing behind Tropical Depression Fred. The system, shown in red above, is also heading in the general direction of Florida.
We remind our readers that the oval, for now, shows where a storm may form, not necessarily a direction of travel.
From the National Hurricane Center Thursday afternoon:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Fred, located about 105 miles west of Great Inagua,
- Satellite-derived wind data from this morning indicated that a
small area of low pressure has developed along a tropical wave
about 1200 miles east of the Lesser Antilles. However, the low
does not quite have a closed circulation, and the associated shower
and thunderstorm activity remains disorganized. Environmental
conditions are expected to become more conducive for additional
development, and a tropical depression is likely to form by the
weekend while moving generally westward at about 20 mph across the
tropical Atlantic. This system is expected to reach portions of the
Leeward Islands late Saturday or early Sunday, and interests there
should monitor its progress.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
Meantime, Fred continues to be on a track that may bring heavy rain and wind to South Florida starting on Friday. We’ll update Fred’s forecast track after the next NHC forecast.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza
- TRAFFIC: Major I-95 Southbound Delays Expected Sunday
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PART OF OUR COVERAGE AREA
- Car Fire Slows Traffic Near Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- WARNING: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton For Several Nights This Week