More Than 15,500 Adults Hospitalized In Florida Now For COVID-19.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The pediatric numbers in Florida continue to be worrisome as the department of Health and Human Services reveals that 93 children under age 18 were admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 on Wednesday.
According to HHS, 56 of those children had “confirmed” COVID-19, while 37 had “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of children hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida is now 207.
COVID-19 continues to lead to a significant number of adult Hospitalizations. HHS says 2,282 adults were admitted to hospitals in Florida on Wednesday for confirmed COVID-19.
The are now 15,589 adult patients in Florida hospitalized for “confirmed” or “suspected” COVID-19. Of those patients, 15,165 have “confirmed” COVID-19.
Statewide, 42 hospitals in Florida report critical staffing shortages. 45 Florida hospitals expected to experience critical staffing shortages within the next week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW