As School Starts, Hospitalizations Rising For Pediatric COVID-19 Cases In Florida.
More Than 15,000 Adults Hospitalized For COVID-19 In Florida On Friday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is getting worse. At least 108 children were hospitalized for confirmed and suspected COVID-19 on Thursday in Florida. The Department of Health and Human Services says 70 of those children — under age 18 — have “confirmed” COVID-19, while the remaining are being treated for “suspected” COVID-19.
The total number of pediatric patients hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida is 211 as of Friday. Morning.
Also in Florida, an astonishing 15,629 adult patients are currently hospitalized for COVID-19. On Thursday, 2,235 adults were newly admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 treatment. 306 additional patients were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19.
Of all adult patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida, 3,213 are so sick that they are receiving treatment in an ICU. That represents 48.49 percent of all patients in a Florida ICU.
Statewide, 42 hospitals in Florida are are reporting a critical staffing shortage as of Friday morning. 47 hospitals anticipate a critical staffing shortage over the next week.
Daily data is provided by the CDC and Department of Health and Human Services from roughly 260 reporting Florida hospitals. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis prohibited hospitals and state agencies from providing daily reports, directly to the public, as the summer began.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk