BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The CDC and United States Department of Health and Human Services reported Saturday night that 25,991 new COVID-19 cases were logged in Florida on Friday. That is a new record, and brings the seven day moving average to 21,662.
The death count, which is now the subject of scrutiny due to what’s been called “game playing” by medical professionals — rose by 27. The issue is how Florida is now reporting deaths. While there is no belief that deaths are being hidden, they are being backdated to the date of death as opposed to the date they were reported to state or federal officials. The end result is (or should be) the same, but it appears the new deaths are lower than they are. The cumulative death count in Florida is now 40,584. That suggests roughly 500 new deaths over the past week.
The seven day testing positivity rate in Florida is now 20.34 percent.
The total Florida case count is now 2,877,393.
In Palm Beach County, the CDC says 9,170 new COVID-19 cases were logged over the past 7 days, with the testing positivity rate rising to 21.84 percent. Of all hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County, the CDC and HHS report 43.34 percent are being used by COVID-19 patients.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW