Nearly 16,000 Adults In Florida Currently Hospitalized For COVID-19.
Florida Concern: 85 Percent Of All Hospital Beds Now In Use.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Another 103 children were admitted to hospitals for COVID-19 treatment on Friday, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Of those 103 kids under age 18, 56 have “confirmed” COVID-19 and 47 have “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of pediatric patients in Florida hospitals now for COVID-19 treatment is 221.
Adults continue to clog hospitals as well. HHS reports that 2,291 new adult admissions for COVID-19 were logged Friday across hospitals in Florida, while 303 adults were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19.
That brings the total number of adults currently hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida to 15,879.
Across the state, 41 hospitals are reporting a critical staffing shortage, with 46 expecting a critical staffing shortage over the next week.
Of a total 59,647 hospital beds available in Florida, 50,973 are now in use, representing 85.45 percent.
The data provided by the CDC and HHS is based on reports from roughly 260 hospitals in Florida. As previously reported, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis blocked Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration from continuing with its daily practice of reporting localized hospital occupancy data in early summer. DeSantis also stopped Florida’s Department of Health from issuing daily reports on infections and deaths. That data is also now provided by federal agencies.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center