Federal Spreadsheet Shows Deaths Logged By Hospitals In Florida. Total Does Not Include Nursing Home Deaths, COVID Deaths In Other Locations.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The United States Department of Health and Human Services reports that 1,419 people have died in Florida hospitals from COVID-19 over the past seven days.
The data, which is accurate through Saturday, August 14th, lists the following death counts each day. We note these are people who died in hospitals. Anyone who died at home, in a nursing home, or other non-hospital location is not counted in these tallies.
Data released on August 15th: 204 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 14th: 206 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 13th: 215 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 12th: 216 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 11th: 210 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 10th: 200 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Data released on August 9th: 168 dead in Florida from COVID-19.
Two notes. First, data is released a day after it was received and processed by HHS, so data released on Sunday, August 15th, represents deaths logged on Saturday, August 14th.
Second: there is dispute over Florida’s reporting of COVID-19 deaths which may or may not affect the numbers above. While there is no dispute that at least 40,584 people have died from COVID-19 in Florida, there is question as to which day the death was recorded. The numbers above are released by HHS and not necessarily the State of Florida. The data is using HHS’ methodology.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center