BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It looks like Tropical Storm Grace will miss the southern Florida peninsula, but there is now another storm forming that is notable. Disturbance 1 is north of Florida in the Atlantic, but could form into a storm south of its current location. We always note that the shape around an “X” shows where a storm may form — and not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the latest from the NHC:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to updated the discussion
of the low-pressure system northeast of Bermuda.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Fred, located over the east-central Gulf of Mexico, and on
Tropical Depression Grace, located over the northeastern
Caribbean Sea a couple of hundred miles east-southeast of the
- Updated: Satellite imagery indicates that shower and thunderstorm
activity has become better organized this afternoon in association
with a small but well-defined area of low pressure located about
160 miles northeast of Bermuda. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for continued development, and if these development
trends continue, a tropical depression could form tonight while the
low moves slowly to the south or south-southwest at about 5 mph,
near or to the east of Bermuda. By Tuesday, upper-level winds are
forecast to become less conducive for tropical cyclone formation.
Interests in Bermuda should monitor the progress of this system,
and a Tropical Storm Watch could be required for that island
- Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low