BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It looks like Tropical Storm Grace will miss the southern Florida peninsula, but there is now another storm forming that is notable. Disturbance 1 is north of Florida in the Atlantic, but could form into a storm south of its current location. We always note that the shape around an “X” shows where a storm may form — and not necessarily a direction of travel.
This is the latest from the NHC:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued to updated the discussion
of the low-pressure system northeast of Bermuda.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Fred, located over the east-central Gulf of Mexico, and on
Tropical Depression Grace, located over the northeastern
Caribbean Sea a couple of hundred miles east-southeast of the
- Updated: Satellite imagery indicates that shower and thunderstorm
activity has become better organized this afternoon in association
with a small but well-defined area of low pressure located about
160 miles northeast of Bermuda. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for continued development, and if these development
trends continue, a tropical depression could form tonight while the
low moves slowly to the south or south-southwest at about 5 mph,
near or to the east of Bermuda. By Tuesday, upper-level winds are
forecast to become less conducive for tropical cyclone formation.
Interests in Bermuda should monitor the progress of this system,
and a Tropical Storm Watch could be required for that island
- Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center