BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A West Delray Beach man allegedly sped by police at 90 mph on West Atlantic Avenue near Military Trail, then continued to drive at 90 mph while police tried to stop the vehicle.
Delray Beach Police say Shaheer Hosh of Kiltie Court in Delray Beach smelled of alcohol and had red and glassy eyes when he eventually stopped his black BMW in the middle of West Atlantic on Saturday afternoon.
Hosh, according to police, said he had been at Salt 7 and Honey prior to the stop. He stated that he had two drinks — both scotch on the rocks.
According to police, Hosh failed multiple field sobriety tests and was ultimately arrested for DUI. He provided breath samples that, according to police, revealed a breath alcohol content of .118 and .110. The legal limit is .08.
Hosh was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released. A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW