BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Commission on Tuesday declared a state of emergency over the worsening hospital situation due to COVID-19.
Thousands remain hospitalized in and around the area due to the COVID crisis.
The order, which is being finalized, is expected to include a mandate that hospitals report daily patient census counts. This information was readily available from Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration until Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered the practice stopped in early summer.
The numbers are expected to show the community a near real-time assessment of the situation, while silencing the fringe groups that continue to push false statements that Palm Beach County hospitals are “empty” and “serene.”
The Palm Beach County School District is reporting record numbers of infected students.
Commissioners voted 7-0 in favor of the declaration We are awaiting the official language of the accompanying emergency order.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center