Nearly 2500 COVID-19 Patients On Ventilators In Florida.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s hospital situation is grim, with hospitals stretched to capacity and a stunning number of patients on ventilators as COVID-19 infections and deaths mount.
Just hours after the Palm Beach County Commission declared a state of emergency and started drafting an executive order that is expected to require local hospitals to report daily data — and may impose new restrictions on residents — the Florida Hospital Association released crisis-level statistics.
According to the FHA, 2,494 COVID-19 patients in Florida are so sick that they are on ventilators. At least 16,521 hospital patients have confirmed COVID-19. Only 14.2 percent of all hospital beds in the State of Florida are now available. Just 8.2 percent of all ICU beds for adults are available.
Of all hospital patients in Florida, 36.1 percent are suffering from COVID-19.
“There can be no question that many Florida hospitals are stretched to their absolute limits,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association. “While hospitalizations continue to increase, three out of four Florida hospitals expect to face critical staff shortages in the next seven days, an increase of nearly ten percent since last week, and half of our hospitals will no longer accept transfer patients from other facilities.”
The Florida Hospital Association represents more than 200 hospitals across Florida. The FHA says the data in its latest reports represents hospitals covering 83 percent of hospital beds in the state.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center