Nearly 2500 COVID-19 Patients On Ventilators In Florida.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s hospital situation is grim, with hospitals stretched to capacity and a stunning number of patients on ventilators as COVID-19 infections and deaths mount.
Just hours after the Palm Beach County Commission declared a state of emergency and started drafting an executive order that is expected to require local hospitals to report daily data — and may impose new restrictions on residents — the Florida Hospital Association released crisis-level statistics.
According to the FHA, 2,494 COVID-19 patients in Florida are so sick that they are on ventilators. At least 16,521 hospital patients have confirmed COVID-19. Only 14.2 percent of all hospital beds in the State of Florida are now available. Just 8.2 percent of all ICU beds for adults are available.
Of all hospital patients in Florida, 36.1 percent are suffering from COVID-19.
“There can be no question that many Florida hospitals are stretched to their absolute limits,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association. “While hospitalizations continue to increase, three out of four Florida hospitals expect to face critical staff shortages in the next seven days, an increase of nearly ten percent since last week, and half of our hospitals will no longer accept transfer patients from other facilities.”
The Florida Hospital Association represents more than 200 hospitals across Florida. The FHA says the data in its latest reports represents hospitals covering 83 percent of hospital beds in the state.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles