Nearly 2500 COVID-19 Patients On Ventilators In Florida.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s hospital situation is grim, with hospitals stretched to capacity and a stunning number of patients on ventilators as COVID-19 infections and deaths mount.
Just hours after the Palm Beach County Commission declared a state of emergency and started drafting an executive order that is expected to require local hospitals to report daily data — and may impose new restrictions on residents — the Florida Hospital Association released crisis-level statistics.
According to the FHA, 2,494 COVID-19 patients in Florida are so sick that they are on ventilators. At least 16,521 hospital patients have confirmed COVID-19. Only 14.2 percent of all hospital beds in the State of Florida are now available. Just 8.2 percent of all ICU beds for adults are available.
Of all hospital patients in Florida, 36.1 percent are suffering from COVID-19.
“There can be no question that many Florida hospitals are stretched to their absolute limits,” said Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO, Florida Hospital Association. “While hospitalizations continue to increase, three out of four Florida hospitals expect to face critical staff shortages in the next seven days, an increase of nearly ten percent since last week, and half of our hospitals will no longer accept transfer patients from other facilities.”
The Florida Hospital Association represents more than 200 hospitals across Florida. The FHA says the data in its latest reports represents hospitals covering 83 percent of hospital beds in the state.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form East Of Florida Within Days
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison
- Delray Beach Woman, 80, Slams Into Cars, Building, Son Says She Drank
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Expected To Form East Of Florida, Bad Weather Weekend