HHS: Statewide, 16,832 Hospitals Beds Used For COVID-19 Patients. Hospitals Running Out Of Space.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Pediatric COVID-19 crisis is showing no signs of ending, with 86 children under age 18 admitted to a hospital for COVID care in Florida on Monday. Of those 86, 50 have confirmed COVID-19, and 36 have “suspected” COVID-19, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
There are now a total of 222 children under age 18, hospitalized in Florida COVID-19.
The adult situation continues to be bleak. Florida hospitals admitted 2,075 adults on Monday with confirmed COVID-19, and 260 with “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of adults currently in Florida hospitals being treated for COVID-19 is 16,832.
Of 6,240 ICU beds currently in used in Florida, 3,550 are being used for COVID-19 patients. That’s 56.89 percent.
HHS reports 44 hospitals in Florida now have a critical staffing shortage, with 45 expecting to experience a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Florida’s COVID-19 death count is now 41,123.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center