HHS: Statewide, 16,832 Hospitals Beds Used For COVID-19 Patients. Hospitals Running Out Of Space.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Pediatric COVID-19 crisis is showing no signs of ending, with 86 children under age 18 admitted to a hospital for COVID care in Florida on Monday. Of those 86, 50 have confirmed COVID-19, and 36 have “suspected” COVID-19, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
There are now a total of 222 children under age 18, hospitalized in Florida COVID-19.
The adult situation continues to be bleak. Florida hospitals admitted 2,075 adults on Monday with confirmed COVID-19, and 260 with “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of adults currently in Florida hospitals being treated for COVID-19 is 16,832.
Of 6,240 ICU beds currently in used in Florida, 3,550 are being used for COVID-19 patients. That’s 56.89 percent.
HHS reports 44 hospitals in Florida now have a critical staffing shortage, with 45 expecting to experience a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
Florida’s COVID-19 death count is now 41,123.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Already 425 Flight Cancelations Saturday Morning
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days