BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — She survived a pandemic and wars, but Shirley Goldberg of Sinai Residences in Boca Raton couldn’t survive a bus near the Publix at 441 and Glades Road.
She was 94.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Goldberg was crossing Glades Road on the “west side of the intersection within the crosswalk” when a bus “began to turn west onto Glades Road, impacting Goldberg.”
The bus, driven by Steffan Monroe of Lake Worth, stopped within the crosswalk after Goldberg was hit.
Goldberg was transported to Delray Medical Center where she later died “due to the injuries sustained in the collision” according to police.
No charges have been filed. The investigation continues. Shirley Goldberg was born in 1927.
Police did not immediately say whether the bus was a community’s bus, a Palm Beach County transit bus, or private transportation. An eyewitness tells BocaNewsNow.com that it appeared to be a Palm Beach County bus.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center