HHS Says 236 COVID Deaths Logged Tuesday In Florida.
Nearly 17,000 Adults In A Florida Hospital For COVID-19.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida continues to be a sick state with hospitalizations for COVID-19 remaining extremely high on a daily basis. A total of 16,886 adults are now hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19, according to the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
On Tuesday alone, 2,638 adults were admitted to a hospital in Florida for COVID-19 care. And additional 238 adults were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19, which means they show signs or symptoms, but a positive COVID test had not yet been returned but the time the data was provided to the federal government.
Of adults hospitalized, 3,610 are so sick that they are in a hospital’s intensive care unit. Now 57 percent of all ICU patients are suffering from COVID-19.
HHS says 57 children under age 18 were admitted in Florida on Tuesday with “confirmed” COVID-19, while 36 with suspected COVID-19 were hospitalized. The day’s total: 97. The total number of children currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida is now 210.
HHS reported 236 deaths from COVID-19 in Florida on Tuesday.
The hospital situation continues to be concerning. HHS says 43 hospitals reported a critical staffing shortage on Tuesday, while 45 expect to experience a critical staffing shortage over the next week.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk