New Hospitalizations High, Steady.
HHS Reports 267 COVID Hospital Deaths In Florida On Wednesday.
Now 259 Children Hospitalized For COVID In Florida, 17,079 Adults Hospitalized.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — As COVID-19 infection and death numbers rise in Florida, so is a political banner calling for the removal of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. The banner was seen over West Delray Beach on Wednesday, as Florida recorded 267 COVID hospital deaths.
Other data of note: Florida reported 2,622 new hospital admissions on Wednesday for adults needing critical COVID-19 care. That brings the current total of adults hospitalized for COVID to 17,079.
On Wednesday, 89 children under age 18 were admitted for COVID-19 care in Florida, bringing the total number of children under age 18 hospitalized for COVID to 259.
The data, from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, shows that 3,606 adults are so sick from COVID that they are currently an ICU — that represents 54 percent of all ICU patients in the state.
HHS says 267 COVID-19 hospital deaths were logged on Wednesday.
Of the roughly 260 Florida hospitals reporting data, 50 currently have a critical staffing shortage, with 49 expecting a critical staffing shortage within the next week.
In total, 85.9 percent of all hospital beds in Florida are in use. By actual numbers: 51,501 people are hospitalized in Florida where this is a total of 59,903 hospital beds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT CLAIM: Local Dentist Pulls Wrong Teeth From Child
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Animal Abuse
- UPDATE: Thank You Grieco Ford Delray! My Explorer Was Replaced
- HURRICANE CENTER: Odette Forms, Expect Peter Later Today East Of Florida
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center