Palm Beach County School Board Disregards Governor Ron DeSantis, Masks Mandatory Starting Monday.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — All students in the Palm Bech County School District will be required to wear masks starting Monday. The ability to “opt out” with a parent’s note is gone.
The Palm Beach County School Board late Wednesday night voted to eliminate the opt-out option, and require all students to wear mask with only very limited, federal medical exemptions, starting on Monday. A doctor’s note will not exempt a student from the mask requirement.
The Board voted 6-1 in favor of the new rule which will last for at least 90 days.
Board member Barbara McQuinn was the only person to vote against the new mandate.
The Palm Beach County School system mandated masks for students, teachers, employees and visitors before the school year start last week. However, students were permitted to opt-out if their parents sent a note officially stating that they would not wear a mask.
That opt-out option is now gone.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and his board of education, said that he will take action against school districts that require masks. Palm Beach County now joins Broward, Miami-Dade, and others who are disregarding the Governor’s demand.
There was no immediate response from Tallahassee regarding the Palm Beach County School District’s decision.
What do you think of the new mandate? Share your thoughts, below. If the form does not appear, access it here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Connecticut Man Claiming He Was Coming From Mar-A-Lago Arrested In Boca Raton
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?