BY: WEATHER TEAM | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The National Hurricane Center is watching a new tropical wave in the Far East Atlantic. It is no threat, yet, to South Florida.
The wave is marked by the yellow “x” on the map, above.
This is the Thursday night update from the NHC:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Grace, located just offshore the Yucatan Peninsula in the
southwestern Gulf of Mexico, and on Tropical Storm Henri, located
several hundred miles southeast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
The Weather Prediction Center is issuing advisories on Post-Tropical
Cyclone Fred, located inland over Vermont and New Hampshire.
- A tropical wave located in the eastern Atlantic several hundred
miles to the southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a
broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. This wave is
expected to interact with another wave emerging off the African
coast over the next day or two. Afterwards, environmental conditions
appear marginally favorable for some slow development by the
beginning of next week as this system moves gradually to the
northwest at 5 to 10 mph.
- Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
- Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk