Nearly 42,000 Dead In Florida From COVID-19.
BY: ANDREW COLTON | Editor and Publisher
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID death count continues to rise in Florida hospitals, according to data released Friday morning by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
According to HHS, 259 people died in Florida hospitals on Thursday from COVID-19. HHS obtains its data directly from roughly 260 Florida hospitals.
Also Thursday, 2,207 adults were admitted to hospitals in Florida with “confirmed” COVID-19. Another 294 adults were admitted with “suspected” COVID-19. That brings the total number of adults hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19 to 17,198.
The pediatric problem continues. HHS says 54 children, under age 18, were admitted to Florida hospitals on Thursday for confirmed COVID-19, while 26 were admitted for “suspected” COVID-19. The total number of children, under 18, currently hospitalized in Florida for COVID is now 203.
HHS says 53 percent of all ICU patients are receiving care for COVID-19. The latest report shows the number of COVID-19 ICU patients is 3,584.
The total COVID-19 death count in Florida is 41,937.
In Florida, 46 hospitals today are experiencing a critical staffing shortage.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW