Florida Hospital Association Also Says Half Of All COVID-19 Patients Are Now Under 40.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association Friday afternoon reported that the ICU situation in Florida is dire. Just 6.9 percent of ICU beds from the more than 200 hospital members of the FHA are available.
The total number of available non-ICU hospital beds in the state is also dangerous, with 86 percent of all beds in use. That leaves just 14 percent for accidents, trauma, surgical recovery and other non COVID-19 related care.
Of all adults currently hospitalized, 34 percent are COVID-19 patients.
The number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators in Florida is holding steady at 16 percent — that’s 2,695 of 16,849.
Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO of the Florida Hospital Association, said the situation is worsening for younger patients.
“Half the COVID-19 cases at a major Florida hospital system are under 40 – the threat is real,” said Mayhew. “Get vaccinated to protect yourself. Get vaccinated to ensure you will be there for your family.”
The Florida Hospital Association is non-profit organization representing more than 200 hospitals in the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW