Florida Hospital Association Also Says Half Of All COVID-19 Patients Are Now Under 40.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association Friday afternoon reported that the ICU situation in Florida is dire. Just 6.9 percent of ICU beds from the more than 200 hospital members of the FHA are available.
The total number of available non-ICU hospital beds in the state is also dangerous, with 86 percent of all beds in use. That leaves just 14 percent for accidents, trauma, surgical recovery and other non COVID-19 related care.
Of all adults currently hospitalized, 34 percent are COVID-19 patients.
The number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators in Florida is holding steady at 16 percent — that’s 2,695 of 16,849.
Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO of the Florida Hospital Association, said the situation is worsening for younger patients.
“Half the COVID-19 cases at a major Florida hospital system are under 40 – the threat is real,” said Mayhew. “Get vaccinated to protect yourself. Get vaccinated to ensure you will be there for your family.”
The Florida Hospital Association is non-profit organization representing more than 200 hospitals in the State of Florida.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely
- RESCUE: Man Jumps From Deerfield Pier, Boca Raton and Broward Rescuers Retrieve
- DON’T DROWN: Palm Beach County Promotes Water Safety This Holiday Weekend
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching System East Of Florida
- MISSING CHILD: Statewide Alert Issued For Palm Beach County Child
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- Plane Crashes On Congress Avenue Near Lantana Airport, PBSO On Scene