Florida Hospital Association Also Says Half Of All COVID-19 Patients Are Now Under 40.
BY: COVID DESK | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Hospital Association Friday afternoon reported that the ICU situation in Florida is dire. Just 6.9 percent of ICU beds from the more than 200 hospital members of the FHA are available.
The total number of available non-ICU hospital beds in the state is also dangerous, with 86 percent of all beds in use. That leaves just 14 percent for accidents, trauma, surgical recovery and other non COVID-19 related care.
Of all adults currently hospitalized, 34 percent are COVID-19 patients.
The number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators in Florida is holding steady at 16 percent — that’s 2,695 of 16,849.
Mary C. Mayhew, President and CEO of the Florida Hospital Association, said the situation is worsening for younger patients.
“Half the COVID-19 cases at a major Florida hospital system are under 40 – the threat is real,” said Mayhew. “Get vaccinated to protect yourself. Get vaccinated to ensure you will be there for your family.”
The Florida Hospital Association is non-profit organization representing more than 200 hospitals in the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule
- We Asked About Trump And Baker Act, The Responses Are Unreal
- UPDATE: Hookers Were Actually Strippers In Seven Bridges Incident
- FAU Names New Dean of University Libraries
- Boca Raton Real Estate Agent Held On $200,000 Bond
- Several Boca Raton Area Elementary Schools Show Declines In Spring FSAs
- Eight Years In Federal Prison For Seven Bridges Resident
- WE ASK: Could Donald Trump Be Baker Acted In Florida?
- TRAFFIC: Major Projects Continuing In, Around Boca Raton